It went well. Yeah… well, mostly. It was beautiful outside, a balmy 70º with very little wind, and I was protected from the sun by our classy (but very useful) covered porch. It took a little longer than expected to get things going, but after I did, I was pleasantly surprised by how seamlessly it all came together.
I overshot my expected efficiency(how much sugar you’re able to extract from the grains) at 72% which I’m satisfied with for now. I ended up with 6 gallons of wort pre-boil. Here it is draining from my mash tun (the cooler) into my brew kettle (the enormous pot)
The wort chilled in record time (under 10 minutes from boiling to 65º), butI had a few issues with hops clogging my siphon after the boil (durr). I ended up pouring the wort through a strainer set into a funnel. I also ended up with only 4 gallons of beer at the end, so I know to plan to have much more wort at the start of boil than 6 gallons.